Traders in the organic fruit and vegetable sector Fred Kloen and Edward Out set up Tellus Produce B.V. in Lelystad, The Netherlands. The company focuses on the export of organic vegetables grown in the Netherlands and Belgium, followed by the import of fruit.
Tradin Organic Agriculture approaches Tellus Produce B.V. to see if a cooperation is possible with their daughter company Trabana B.V. (specialist in organic bananas and exotic fruit).
Tellus Produce B.V. and Trabana B.V. consolidates their activities. Organic Trade Company Holland B.V. (trade name OTC-Holland) came into being on 1 April 2004.
As OTC-Holland was able to make use of the large network and support facilities of Tradin Organic Agriculture, its import activities expanded considerably between 2005 and 2007.
Tellus Produce B.V. acquired all OTC-Holland shares, which continued as an independent company.
Matthé Hendrikse joined the Board of Directors. The concern has continued to grow and now has 22 employees and several companies.
The company name of Organic Trade Company Holland B.V. (OTC-Holland B.V.) changes to OTC Organics B.V. and almost simultaneously the company moved from Lelystad to a brand new office in Dronten, The Netherlands.
Due to the growing ambitions and the associated new objectives, a new identity is a logical next step. OTC Organics introduced a new logo and corporate identity to help increase their recognizability.
Our core values
The four core values at OTC Organics are:
organic integrity, transparency, commitment and passion
These core values are anchored in our organization, our work and what drives us as a company.
We search for a sustainable balance in the supply chain and respect our growers/suppliers, buyers, partners and employees.
- as (organic) experts we feel responsible for our industry;
- we contribute to social and economic development;
- we work with reliable suppliers with good reputation;
- we have an organic conscience and make sure our products do too.
- we respect our colleagues and support them to develop;
- we understand that we is more important than me;
- we see cost awareness as a sport;
- the success of our customers and suppliers is our dedication.
- we value transparency in our business relationships;
- we share our organic expertise, to help others;
- we tell what we do and do what we tell.
- we show enthusiasm and dedication in everything we do;
- we are committed in heart & mind.
Organic experts with a conscience!
Providing organic fruit & vegetables with a conscience. Committed to provide the best organic fruits and vegetables with the support and devotion of our organic growers.
Within the next 5 years OTC Organics wants to become Europe’s mental leader in the distribution of organic fruit & vegetables with a conscience.
We see it as our responsibility to support our customers and suppliers where we can. We provide the best solutions to benefit all parties in the chain. We do this with full transparency, tenacity and passion to fulfil all expectations of the stakeholders involved.