Organic fruit and vegetable sector traders Fred Kloen and Edward Out establish Tellus Produce B.V. in the Dutch city of Lelystad. The company is focused on exporting organic open-field vegetables from the Netherlands and Belgium, and later on importing fruit as well.
Tradin Organic Agriculture approaches Tellus Produce B.V. to explore the possibilities of a collaboration with its subsidiary Trabana B.V. (specialised in organic bananas and exotic fruit).
The activities of Tellus Produce B.V. and Trabana B.V. merge and on 1 April 2004 the new business Organic Trade Company Holland B.V. (trade name OTC-Holland) is founded.
Partly due to Tradin Organic Agriculture’s broad network and supporting facilities, import activities in particular were greatly expanded between 2005 and 2007.
Tellus Produce B.V. acquires all shares in OTC-Holland and goes forward independently.
Matthé Hendrikse joins the Executive Board. The business has grown even more and now has 22 employees and several companies.
Organic Trade Company Holland B.V. (OTC-Holland B.V.) changes its name to OTC Organics B.V. and at almost at the same time we move from Lelystad to a brand-new office in Dronten.
A new identity is a logical consequence of our growing ambition and the new objectives that go with it. In addition, a dynamic company like OTC Organics needs a fresh visual identity that increases our recognisability.
At OTC Organics we have developed new packaging to further reduce the presence of plastic in the chain. This year the packaging line for grapes has been expanded with two new sustainable alternatives.
Our core values
Four core values are central to OTC Organics: Organic integrity, Transparency, Commitment and Passion. These values drive us in everything we do, both inside and outside the organisation. We’re always seeking the perfect balance in the chain, and we treat our growers, suppliers, buyers, partners and staff with respect.
- as organic specialists we feel responsible for our industry;
- we make a contribution to social and economic development;
- we work together with professional, reliable growers and suppliers;
- we can guarantee that our products are 100% organic.
- we treat each other with respect and encourage each other to constantly develop our skills;
- we understand that “we” is more important than “me”;
- we enjoy being financially aware and spending money wisely;
- we are dedicated to helping our growers, suppliers and buyers to achieve success.
- we value transparency in our business relationships;
- we share our organic expertise in order to help others;
- we’re transparent about our actions and we keep our promises.
- we’re enthusiastic and passionate about everything we do;
- we stand behind our working methods 100%.
Organic experts with a conscience!
Our mission is to supply top-quality, sustainable organic fruit and vegetables, with a clear conscience and in close and committed co-operation with our professional organic growers.
Within the next 5 years OTC Organics wants to become Europe’s mental leader in the distribution of sustainable, organic fruit and vegetables. We see it as our responsibility to support our growers, suppliers and buyers in all possible areas and to create a healthy chain in which all links are of equal importance. With integrity, commitment, transparency and passion, we aim to meet all the expectations of all involved.